Friday, May 13, 2016

Apron for crochet projects

I love to have a crochet project going on my lap while I'm at seminars and conferences, but sometimes I have to quickly stuff my project into my bag to get up, and things get tangled and messy. In preparation for a four day dog training conference in June, I made a half-apron with pockets that will allow me to easily slip the project in and be ready to go.
The bottom right is for the yarn ball I'm pulling from. The little ones are for scissors (though I need to reinforce the bottom with some foam or similar so the sharp scissors don't poke through) and for the needle. The top pocket is for the project itself. The main fabric of the apron is wool, so it will also keep my lap warm when I'm sitting still for a long time. (I've been known to bring blankets to conferences.)

If I were making it again, I would make the needle pocket taller so that it pokes out less, and I would make the yarn pocket round rather than rectangular, so it's a neater fit and for aesthetics. I would also make the apron itself a trapezoid with a flared bottom so that it would wrap around the sides of my legs in a more pleasing way.

No comments:

Post a Comment