Wednesday, December 30, 2015

2015 goal review, plan for 2016

My goals for 2015 were set at a pretty low bar. I attained all of them except for visiting 2 alpaca farms, but I intentionally put those on the back burner. I'd still love to have alpacas on my future homestead, but 1) it's a much lower priority compared to raising produce, chickens, and rabbits, which are all much easier to get into, and 2) I want to live in the Tri-Valley, which is probably too hot in the summer for alpacas to be happy, so I might need to give up on that idea.

Let's set goals for 2016 which are attainable, but will force me to stretch a bit more:
  • Implement a new marketing strategy for my dog training business each quarter. (This will be a challenge!)
  • Watch at least 24 hours' worth of dog training DVDs from my stack. (2 hours each month - doable, right??)
  • Observe or help with chicken slaughter, to gain hands on experience.
  • Practice sewing/crafting with rabbit hides. I have a small stack of prepped hides but haven't done anything with them yet.
  • Learn more about fiber. Hopefully take a spinning class AND see about volunteering on someone's farm on alpaca shearing day.
  • Sew up the 3 pattern and fabric sets that have been sitting in my closet for a year. I just finished up a 3 day, intensive pants class at Stonemountain and want to make multiple pairs of pants from my new personalized pattern.
  • Generally speaking, set aside larger chunks of time for myself, particularly for sewing.
  • Continue cooking, gardening, crocheting.

No comments:

Post a Comment