Saturday, January 17, 2015

Plans and goals for 2015

As a homesteader, one must always be planning ahead at least one season. I gave big plans for 2015 as a whole, and the next few months in particular.

  • Build a raised bed (I'm starting this in today), and transfer most of my non-succulents into it. I don't know enough about guilds to take that sort of symbiosis into account, but I am considering the direction of the sun and wind and heights of the plants. Hoping to have this done by Jan 31st. I may set up drip irrigation? (Will have to learn more about setting it up.)
  • Finish prepping for the chickens by Feb 28th. That includes building the coop, run, stuff to climb on, and getting some forage plants started outside the run.
  • Learn more about raising rabbits for meat and fur.
  • If possible, attend workshops about butchering chickens and rabbits, and/or get first-hand experience informally via friends.
  • Continue learning to cook various dishes with rabbit meat.
  • Continue learning about permaculture, organic gardening, raising livestock, and especially hugelkultur.
  • Visit at least 2 alpaca farms. (I contacted two alpaca owners/farmers in 2014 but neither contact worked out.)
  • Continue building up my dog training business. Implement at least two new marketing strategies.
  • Host at least one party/social gathering quarterly.

All attainable goals that will keep me moving toward the life I desire.

No comments:

Post a Comment