Friday, December 25, 2015

Christmas crochet presents

Baylee Bear Cowl:
I modified the pattern to widen the bottom section, so that it fits loosely over the shoulders. I also used a different stitch (ripple stitch) to add texture to the hood, so it would be more interesting. This is for my sister, to keep her warm during Burning Man nights.


Basket Weave Headband:

This was also for my sister to wear to festivals. I wanted to make a headband that used some of the feathers my hens had dropped while growing up. I first chose the yarn to match these feathers from the Rhode Island Red. I used the basket weave pattern, then added small black beads and copper ornaments. I am so in love with the matching button with four marks, sticking up just like the four feathers.


Egg Cozies:
My parents and I like to eat fresh boiled eggs, usually 2 per meal. Now we can keep the extra eggs warm. I made this pattern myself. I kept the one on the left and gave a set of the one on the right to my parents.


Kitty Collars:
These are for my sister's boyfriend's 2 cats. I made the pattern myself. I think I'm going to write it up and try to sell it on Ravelry. (Though I need to take nicer pictures first!)

No comments:

Post a Comment