Tuesday, April 26, 2022

Bottle fed lambs, Lark and Sparrow

One week ago (April 18th), my neighbor had twin ram lambs that were abandoned by their mother and asked if I could take them in and bottle feed them until they were big enough to go back into the flock. I hesitated to take on the extra work (besides making a living and taking care of my own dogs, I am furiously trying to prioritize weeding right now), but then I gave in because it was a good opportunity to learn more about sheep. I'm still kind of considering getting sheep of my own at some point.


The boys had a rough start due to selenium deficiency, but they received a dose of BO-SE and are quickly gaining muscle strength and balance in addition to size. They have been getting a lot of visitors, both human and canine. They've also gotten two baths, since lamb poop is horrifyingly sticky and gets all over them.

Here are my two beautiful boys, Lark and Sparrow. (Gold star if you get the reference.) Lark is the one with brown spots on the ends of his ears and black speckled head and legs. Sparrow is all white except for one round spot right on the middle of his back.







No comments:

Post a Comment