Saturday, December 17, 2016

Learning to knit

I took an Intro to Knitting workshop from my friend Chase, who recently opened her own yarn store in Berkeley! It's called The Black Squirrel and I've already spent a few hundred dollars there. You gotta support your friends, right?

Only two other ladies were in the class, so we got plenty of individual attention. I brought a crappy polyester yarn, bought a small pair of circular needles, and learned how to cast on, knit, purl, and cast off.

I came home and started a new swatch and am spending a few minutes here and there practicing to keep it fresh in my memory.

I figured that my first knit project should be a simple stockinette scarf. I've been listening to a podcast about Harry Potter and decided that a Hufflepuff scarf would be perfect. (I'm a total Hufflepuff and proud of it.) I stopped by a yarn store in Lafayette (The Yarn Boutique) yesterday and found yellow and dark gray skeins of one of my favorite yarns, Classic Elite Yarn's Chateau/MountainTop Chalet.

Ravelry says that I have over 100 types of yarn in my stash. It doesn't look like that much...

No comments:

Post a Comment