Saturday, November 5, 2016

The Black Squirrel's grand opening

My friend Chase just had the grand opening for her yarn and fabric shop in Berkeley! It's called The Black Squirrel. I'm so excited for her and of course I had to buy some things at the opening party even though I spent a lot on yarn and fabric last month and am supposed to be holding off for now. Here's what I came home with:

100% Targhee wool green and gray roving. I was looking at a yarn on the shelf that was a pale pink and green, and thought "how pretty if it were gray with flecks of green," and then looked over and saw this roving! It has a lot more green than gray but perhaps I will find another wool skein to mix it with.

A "wraps per inch" tool to measure the "weight" of the yarn I'm producing. The more times the yarn is able to wrap around the 1-inch cutout (without overlapping), the lighter weight it is.

A large tote bag with that adorable logo. One can never have too many reusable bags.

And a smaller tote that says "this is taking FOREVER to make." Accurate.

No comments:

Post a Comment