Sunday, September 18, 2016

Jeopardy! birthday party

I love puzzles and games. Two years ago I held a puzzle hunt to celebrate my birthday. (The posts about the party are here, here, and here.) This year I decided to host a Jeopardy game, with my guests rotating through as contestants, and myself playing the part of Alex Trebek. I even made myself a mustache.

(I called myself "Alexa Trebek.")

I already had a set of answer buzzers that made sound effects when pressed - I'd originally bought them as amusing props for dog training.

I created 24 categories with 5 questions each, for 4 rounds of Jeopardy. (Click to see a larger image pop up.)
My friend Rachel also created one round, so that I could be a contestant.

My set up was cheap - I just taped the cards to a giant piece of cardboard that I saved for future sheet mulching.

I crocheted extra mustaches and gave them as prizes. The winner of each round would get to pick theirs first.
(They're pinned up because I blocked them to reduce curling up. The long strands of yarn are for tying them around your head.)

The game was a hit even though some of the questions were too obscure for anyone to answer correctly. I may repeat this for a future party!

No comments:

Post a Comment