Sunday, November 22, 2015

Zipper replacement

Last year the dogs chewed on my down jacket because I'd left it hanging over a chair with a few treats in the pocket. Surprisingly, they only messed up the zipper and did not actually put a hole in the fabric, which they mostly just licked. Yesterday I finally sat down to replace the zipper. The most time consuming part of this was using the seam ripper to remove the old zipper. I then proceeded to sew in the first half of the new zipper, and I was happy with my handiwork:
I even put a binding over the edge of the zipper. Good job, me!

Then it was time to unzip the new zipper and pin it to the other side of the jacket and I realized...

I'd purchased the wrong type of zipper. This one did not separate.

So I used the seam ripper to remove the new zipper as well, and put in an order for a separating zipper. Lesson learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment