Thursday, December 26, 2013

Jewelry making

I am writing this post in October, but scheduling it to show up after my family exchanges Christmas presents. This year, I was inspired to try my hand at jewelry making. The first step was spending two hours wandering back and forth in the jewelry and beading section of Michael's, and figuring out what the different tools and accessories were for. Second was picking out the colors and styles of beads I wanted to use. The third part, actually putting it all together, was surprisingly quick and easy.

Click on any picture to see it come up in a bigger size.

For my parents, I made three sets of magnetic wine charms:





And for my sister, I made a necklace in memorium of her beloved kitty, Sasha:
I was pleased to find a photo of Sasha in front of a window, making a glow around him that lends to the vintage feel of the brown pendant, beads, and leather strip. The beads match his orange tabby fur.

No comments:

Post a Comment