Sunday, September 15, 2013

Welcome

Welcome to my new blog, Grow, Make, Learn, Thrive. This is primarily a place for me to keep track of my gardening activity. I have been growing succulents in containers for a couple of years, and in the past two months I've decided to expand to edible herbs and vegetables. I will also be posting about my crafting and sewing projects, and other creative endeavors.

With my decision to grow edible plants, I've realized that my ultimate goal is to progress toward homesteading, at least at a simple, beginner's level. At my current residence, growing a small number of plants is the extent of what I can do -- physically, anyway. I can still learn and plan for a future home in which I may be able to harvest more plants, raise chickens for eggs, and perhaps other animals, too. Fortunately I am very lucky to already receive delicious eggs from a friend's chickens.

At this point in my life, my ideal home would be a tiny cottage or Tumbleweed house located on a large property, on which I would do small scale farming and have a dog training field with agility and obedience/rally equipment. You see, my day job and passion is dog training. Currently I teach basic obedience/manners and do behavioral problem solving, but I am on my way to also teaching the dog sports of agility and obedience, and probably more! You can see my professional website at Ruff Translation, and my blog for tracking my own dog's training at The Legend of Chimera Monstra.

When daylight returns, I will post current pictures of my succulent, edible, and decorative gardens.

Thank you for joining me on this journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment