Sunday, September 29, 2013

Garden pictures

The peas sprouted last Monday. They're already a few inches tall! I waited a bit too long to thin them out, even.
Look at all those roots!

I also thinned out the dill - my first opportunity to eat something from my own garden!
In the words of the Thug Kitchen, "Put that shit right on that motherlovin' sandwich."

You hear so many people say that it's more satisfying to eat something you grew yourself. They are absolutely right.

The forget-me-nots just broke soil today.

Up in the succulent garden on the deck, we have a few getting ready to flower. (Click on any picture to see it come up in a bigger format.)

This one has been growing the stalk for the flowers for months! They're finally, slowly, blooming.

A few others that are looking good:
That last spotty one looks exceptionally like an alien plant. It's some rare succulent that I've only seen in people's gardens twice. It's planted next to something that is not a succulent, but was also planted in someone's succulent garden, so I harvested it. It's growing a purple flower. I have no idea what it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment