Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Knitting/crochet update: Hamilton shawl, seamless cat hat, dog sweater for Frank

 I call this my Whimsically Informed shawl (Hamilton shawl). I was hoping to wear it to a show, but sadly the pandemic cancelled the rest of the San Francisco run before I finished it.




Seamless cat hat needed alternations because the "small" size was made to be less tall, but not smaller in circumference. Came out a little short. But cute.


Perfect Fit Dog Sweater for Frankie needed a TON of alterations as I went, despite measuring and calculating carefully. You can see that it's still a little baggy behind his armpits. I wrote down the final pattern, and a couple more alterations I'd do for next time, so now I can make as many sweaters for Frank as I want. I was REALLY hoping this would be a one-skein-of-Malabrigo-Rasta project, but sadly it was 1.25.


I am mostly done with my very first sweater, the Moyen Age. I had taken a break when I got to the sleeves because I dislike magic loop and DPNs. I do best with tiny circulars. I put off buying the set of ChiaoGoo size 4-8 shorties until I had a little more money, and the right sleeve is in progress now.


In the meantime I started a Criss Cross Top that is one color on the back and split into left and right colors on the front. The back is all done.


Kryptonite Lace Shawl and amigurumi Narwhals are floating around as easy travel projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment