Sunday, August 5, 2018

Baby bunnies!

I am so excited to welcome my first litter of rabbits! The doe was due to kindle between Tuesday and Friday, and waited until Friday morning. Then I held out for only 24 hours before checking on the nest. I'll leave them alone again for the next few days since rabbit moms eat their babies if they're overly stressed. (yikes)


There are 3 dark gray babies and 3 pink ones. They don't have any fur yet and their eyes and ears are closed, but they had full bellies. They startled and wriggled violently when they felt my hands reaching around and picking them up, but would calm down after I'd held them for a couple of seconds. I picked up a few for just a few seconds each, counted everyone, then covered them back up with mom's fur. She checked on them after I left.

No comments:

Post a Comment