Sunday, July 30, 2017

Homemade ramen

Some time back, Eli and Rachel treated me to a big bowl of homemade ramen. They had made it by simmering pork feet for 24 hours, making a gelatinous, fatty broth. It was amazing. I do not have the patience to stand at a stove for more than 20 minutes, so I decided to make a pressure cooker version. I used the pork feet, chicken wings, sauteed onions, and thumb-sized piece of ginger.

The result was not as gelatinous as Eli's broth, but close enough.


Plop that onto some store bought udon noodles.


After microwaving and adding a soft boiled egg. Just look at all that fat floating on the surface. Yum! (Also added scallions after the picture.)


The thumb-sized piece of ginger was too much - I could pick out the taste in the finished soup. Next time I will use half that, and also two smaller onions or one large one, rather than the two large onions I'd found. Other than that, it's a delicious hot meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment