Monday, October 19, 2015

Coop upgrades

The 100 foot extension cord is still stretched across the yard to the chicken run, which is handy for making quick little upgrades like this latch to hold the door open. (We'd previously been using a large rock to prop it open.)





At some point I should invest in a power saw, but my cheap handsaw was enough to cut through this plastic trellis I picked up at Urban Ore.




I used it to fence off the corner of the run where I dump used chicken bedding. The girls had of course been scratching in it and spreading it all around. Keeping it in a pile will help it heat up and decompose more quickly.




The Ameraucana seems to have been playing a prank and laid a half-sized egg last week, followed the next day by a quarter-sized egg. The third day's egg was back to normal. I'm told that this just happens sometimes with young hens.


No comments:

Post a Comment