Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Garden update

I'm a little behind on fall plantings, but I've gotten peas, dill, parsley, and spinach into containers. I still need to plant scallions, radishes, and maybe carrots.

I set up a raised bed with wheat grass for the dogs and cats.

They are enjoying it!
Although one of them has also discovered the joy of digging giant holes underneath the lillies, where there are breaks in the weed cover.
The sunflowers are happily blooming, but I discovered colonies of aphids and aphid-herding ants under the leaves. I sprayed them down with soapy water a couple of days ago - today I'll find out if it worked.
I saw this gorgeous plant at a nursery and couldn't resist bringing it home. I'd ever seen one before - it's Celosia.
The raspberries are finally growing!

And the strawberries as well!
The ferns are happy plants, too.
That's all!

No comments:

Post a Comment