Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Update on the rest of the edible garden

I'm sure you're all eager for updated pictures of the rest of the edible garden! No? Well, I'm eager to catalog it! It's in the low 70s today, but next week we'll hopefully get more bursts of rain and cooler weather. A number of my vegetables (spinach, scallions, carrots, radishes) do better in cooler weather. I'll keep planting and harvesting as long as I can, and note down when each variety gives up the ghost. I only started this edible garden last fall/winter, so I'm still learning most of the ropes as I go along. Click on any photo to see a bigger version.

Potato plants are shooting up since last week!
Radishes on the right (planted earlier) will soon be ready to pull.

A forest of scallions, my favorite vegetable.

Spinach, my second favorite. I've already plucked a few baby leaves for sandwiches.

I haven't been eating the dill lately so it's getting huge. Parsley (behind/to the left) is doing well.

Strawberries had powdery mildew, but it looks like fungicide took care of that.

Four new pea plants to replace the ones I killed. I love peas!

Cucumber finally sprouting. The seeds weren't germinating well.

Okay, these aren't edible, but they're planted in the same area. Lupine in front, Columbine in the middle, and Foxglove in the back.

Young raspberry canes. Mmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment