Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Fleece hats

I made some fleece hats recently. The first two are reversible beanies, with the pattern created by Crafty Gemini.

Fall leaves and a mottled green band.
Other side: mottled green with the brown fall pattern on the band.
This one came out just a little bit big on my head, which I had expected, but I didn't want to mess with the pattern before testing it. I still like it and will wear it. For the second beanie, I made the sections just a teeny bit skinnier and it made a big difference.

Mottled tan with a burgundy band.
Other side: bright pink flowers on a white background, with the same burgundy band. This combo is my favorite!
These beanies are super warm and cover my ears completely, which is great for cold weather. Although right now we're in a drought and it's in the 60s during the day...

The last hat I made was a beret, made of simple geometric shapes I measured out myself.

Colorful hearts on a black background.
The underside is black.
The crown of the beret came out just a little too big, but that's okay because I have the secret to making a beret look good: always wear it cocked sideways. Also, look smug about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment